Thursday, October 9, 2014

A New Normal

Nineteen days.
That's how long it has been since our whole world has changed.
Nineteen days since my job went from being middle school Spanish teacher to Mommy.
Nineteen days since I slept peacefully for any amount of time.
Nineteen days since anything felt normal.

And for the past nineteen days we have been experimenting with this new adventure of parenthood.  We have laughed, cried, learned, questioned, snuggled and prayed.  We have had days of impressive success and days of emotional defeat.  It's only been nineteen days...and yet it feels like a whole new life lived by entirely new people.

So, to preserve my sanity and to challenge my perspective, I have vowed to attempt to record my thoughts, prayers, questions, decisions and experiences through this new blog.  I have always been an avid writer in journals/diaries/etc, so I want to preserve this fleeting season of life in a way that offers insights to others and simultaneously records my reflections for the future.

Here it is:  the beginnings of a new stage of life.  New priorities, new challenges...and the finding of a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment